Enjoy doing dozens of decorative projects based on the sailor's art of ropework.
Decorative ropework, also known as fanciwork, comes ashore in Marlinspike Sailor's Knots and Crafts Inside you will learn how to make all manner of cool, sailorly items:
- block mats,
- companionway or stair treads,
- sailor's bracelets,
- hammock bags for carrying fruits, etc. ,
- tool covers,
- stanchion or porch railing covers,
- decorated grommets for hanging towels,
- water bottle or wine carafe covers.
Step-by-step instructions and graphics laid out in clean, easy-to-follow spreads. More than 30 core projects, with ideas and suggestions for other places to adapt the instructions. Save hundreds of dollars by constructing your own sleeping hammocks, bags to carry provisions home from the farmer's market, or collars for your dog.
AUTHOR: Barbara Merry