- Lockdown ended at 6pm today
- Masks must be worn in store until 6pm Friday 16th July 2021
- Only two people permitted inside the store at any time
- All customers must check in on the Check in Qld app before entering the store
- At of 6pm today, Wednesday 30th June 2021 we will be in a three day lockdown.
- We cannot have anyone come to the shop to collect goods so will be closing until the lockdown lifts.
- Lockdown due to lift at 6pm Friday 2nd July 2021
- We have been very lucky up here in North Queensland regarding cases of COVID. Being so far from a capital city has certainly paid off for us.
- We would like to take this opportunity to thank all of our loyal and new customers for your understanding and patience while the world turned upside down.
- Your continued support of our business has meant that we are still open and supplying yachts, the fishing fleet, ships, boat owners and generally people with great taste all of their chart and nautical needs.
- Our business was 50 years old this year. We are not likely to forget what year that happened!!
- We continue to practice safe distancing in our shop and maintaining cleanliness of all surfaces so come and visit us and soak up some air-conditioning.
- Long Range Operators Certificate of Proficiency (LROCP) and Short Range Operators Certificate of Proficiency (SROCP) exams can recommence at our premises. The Office of Maritime Communication (OMC) has approved our COVID Safe Plan.
- Please call us 4772 1069 to book your exam time. Due to COVID restrictions and the size of the room that you do your exam in, it is necessary to book your time slot.
- Exams can be done Monday to Saturday 10am to 2pm.
- Please do not come in if you are displaying symptoms of anything. We don't want your cold, flu, sore throat or COVID :-)
- We do take your photograph on the day of your exam so no need to bring a passport photo with you.
- We have been back in the shop now for a month and have loved seeing our regular customers faces again. We have met plenty of new customers too. We are a little overwhelmed at the support we have been getting from our local community. The amount of people that have contacted us to make sure that our business was not closing down has been amazing. You have to love your local community. Please support locally owned business when you can. We really do appreciate every sale that is made.
- We are back 9am to 5pm trading Monday to Friday, so please call in and see if we have what you need. If we don't have it, we may just be able to get it in for you.
- The shelves have been re-stocked, the doorknobs disinfected and we are ready to re-open on Monday 13th July at 9am. Don't forget that our website never closes, so if you feel safer purchasing online, feel free to do that and we will bring your goodies out to your car for you. Just select 'Click and Collect' upon checkout. Onward and upward for our 50th year of being in business.
- You will be required to fill in a sheet with your name, address and contact phone number upon entry to our shop. This is inline with instructions on COVID19.qld.gov.au We are required to hold your details for 56 days. Your details will not be given to anyone other than public health officers. https://www.covid19.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0019/129043/Fact-Sheet-COVID19-collecting-and-storing-information.pdf
- As much as we love to see customers in the flesh, if you have the sniffles, a cough, have been overseas or in Victoria in the 14 days prior to you coming to our shop, have been in contact with someone that tested positive for COVID-19 or are cranky, please don't come in.
- Social distancing rules apply in our store.
- Long Range Operators Certificate of Proficiency (LROCP) and Short Range Operators Certificate of Proficiency (SROCP) exams cannot be done at our premises until the Office of Maritime Communication (OMC) approves our COVID Safe Plan and issues us with new exams. As soon as we have an update, we will announce it here and on our Facebook and Instagram pages.
- We will be back in our shop Monday 13th July 2020 and look forward to people coming in to see us.